Silk Fibre Fabric and Satchel Bag with Susan Romphf (Sep)
September 14 & September 15, 2020
Monday, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Tuesday, 6:00 pm – 9:30 pm
A one day or two day workshop – your choice
Both Days: $150+gst .(Day 1: All Supplies Included; Day 2: See below for Student List)
Day 1 Only: $95+gst (All supplies included)
-CLICK HERE to Register for Day 1 ONLY – (incl. all Supplies)
Instructor: Susan Romphf
Silk fibre becomes fabric!
Explore the exciting possibilities of creating with silk roving and silk hankies!
Day 1: Participants will create a piece of silk fabric called silk fusion using silk roving. There are many uses for the silk fusion fabric: bags, journal covers, wall hangings to name a few. Participants will also use silk hankies to decorate a vase or bowl, or make a bezel necklace. No experience required for Day 1.
In this workshop you will be able to choose from a wide variety of colours of silk roving, hankies and embellishments to create your pieces. Participants are encouraged to bring their own fibres for embellishments i.e. yarns, lace.
Day 2: Participants will bring back their finished silk fusion fabric piece and make a simple satchel bag. Basic sewing skills are needed for Day 2. Note: You can take Day 1 only. You may choose to bring you own fabric to compliment your silk fusion piece or you can purchase a kit. There will be cork fabric kits as well as cotton and denim. Each kit comes with all fabric and hardware needed to complete the bag. Hardware kits are available individually for purchase as well.
Day 1: All materials are supplied. Participants may bring an apron as it is a bit messy.
Day 2: Student brings:
- Sewing machine
- Cotton fabric for bag 1/2 metre for outside and 1/2 metre for lining, If you are using your own fabric.
- Magnetic snap or twist lock closure if you have them
- Basic sewing supplies: scissors, seam ripper, coordinating thread, double side tape
- Kits to make the bag with cork or fabric can be purchased from the instructor at the workshop and will be available on the first day of the workshop
- Participants can bring their own lining fabric and Purchase the hardware kit
Cost of kits are:
- Cork Fabric Kit with magnetic snap (includes all pieces needed) – $25
- Cork Fabric Kit with twist lock (includes all fabric needed) – $30
- Hardware only with magnetic snap – $4
- Hardware with twist lock – $9
Learn more about Susan Romphf
Workshop entrance on Wale Rd
Parking beneath building