Pouring the Light in Watercolours with Linda Anderson (Feb)
February 22 & 23, 2020
Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Please register by February 15, 2020
$150 +gst Workshop Tuition (No supplies included, see student supply list below)
*Optional: $35 + gst Workshop Supplies Package: Please add this item to your cart if you wish to have the instructor purchase your supplies for you. If you purchase this item, all of your supplies will be ready for you on the first day of class. Click here to add the supply fee to your purchase.
Instructor: Linda Anderson
With experienced artist, Linda Anderson, you will have a great time creating a wonderful piece of art and learn a great new technique in watercolour painting.
This watercolor workshop will focus on “light” and keeping the light within the positive and negative shapes within the painting. The technique of pouring the light colors first will keep them clean and fresh.
Bring your lunch and join in a fun, two day painting experience.
Suitable for all levels of expertise. Newcomers to watercolour will be excited to learn this technique and experienced painters can step up their level with this expert tutelage.
Supply List: (Bring your Own, Or Add the SUPPLY FEE to your online order cart)
- 1 full sheet of Arches watercolor paper ….cut in 4 pieces
- 16×20 (approx) waterproof flat surface to mount paper on (with tape) such as: gator board (found at any art store (they will cut to suit); canvas board- flat canvas on rigid board (Dollar store or Michaels; plexiglass (NO real glass),
- 1 roll tan masking tape
- Primary colors of watercolors: 1.Transparent yellow light or Cadmium yellow light
- Artist quality if possible. 2. Phthalo Blue
- 3. Alizarin Crimson
- (any other colors you prefer)
- Brushes: 1” square; #9 angle; #3 Rigger (or any other you want to use)
- Reference material for the painting you want to do. ( I will have some choices as well)
- HB Pencil and drawing paper (newsprint or vellum), eraser.
- Graphite transfer paper
- Water container and paper towels. Bag for garbage.
Please bring Lunch (there is a very small fridge available)
Learn more about Linda Anderson
Workshop entrance on Wale Rd
Parking beneath building