Photographic Tips for Landscape Image Making with Dave Hutchison (May)
May 29, 2019
Wednesday, 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm
Please register by May 22, 2019
Instructor: Dave Hutchison
Learn how to break your creative barriers and make stunning seascape images right here on Vancouver Island.
Join award winning and PPOC Nationally Accredited nature photographer David Hutchinson while he shares his successful tips for making landscape and seascape images on the beautiful BC coast.
This is the first of a series of “in the field” photography classes that Dave will provide to showcase our local area and the fabulous sunsets we see in the spring.
Learn how to use filters (polarizers, split grads, etc.) and also how to create sunset images without filters. Long exposure photography will also be explored.
Each class will take place in a specific part of our local community and each class can be registered separately.
Please note: You will be contacted by Dave and advised exactly where to meet for the class.
Class will go on in rain or shine, bring a rain jacket, if weather iffy.
All levels from beginners to advanced welcome.
Please pack the following into your camera bag:
- in addition to your camera, a variety of lenses up to 200mm
- all the filters you own
- tripod is essential (long exposures can’t be done successfully without a tripod)
- remote shutter release
- headlamp, just in case we do a short hike back in the dark
- bottle of water, snack, ball cap in case in gets cool at night
- low cut or high cut hiking shoes
- rain jacket, if weather iffy
- oh and be ready to have fun making new images!!
Learn more about Dave Hutchison
Workshop Location: Saanich Penninsula (in the Field)
Details to be announced to registrants directly by instructor