Introduction to Encaustics with Tony Bounsall (Sep 2019)
September 14 & 15, 2019
Saturday a & Sunday, 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Please register by September 7, 2019
Instructor: Tony Bounsall
Learn to use encaustic medium (Beeswax and damar resin)and paints to create unique artwork that literally glow with warmth.
We will cover the following:
- Introduction to the medium,
- brief history of encaustics
- safe use of tools and materials
- the use of the heat gun, blow torch and iron as fusing tools
- mixing colours, basic layering, priming and fusing,
- creating smooth/textured surfaces,
- incorporating collage, surface photo transfer
- gouging and filling gouges with medium and oil paint
This workshop is a total of 12 hours of instruction over two days.
Tony is a very well known and valued instructor and his encaustics workshops are very popular.
Materials such as encaustic medium and encaustic gesso included in price of class. Other supplies to be brought by student.
Download Supply list here.
Learn more about Tony Bounsall
Workshop entrance on Wale Rd
Parking beneath building