Dramatic Skies with Deb Czernecky
July 25 & 26, 2019
Thursday & Friday 10:00 am to 3:30 pm
Please register by July 18, 2019
Instructor: Deb Czernecky
This two day workshop for (acrylics or oils) advanced beginners,will offer techniques and tips for creating dramatic and colourful skies.
The sky is build up with various tints and tones, and not just blue ones. A rainy day can often have gray, green and even yellow tinges to it. A sunset contains all kinds of deep reds, pinks, yellow and purples. We will explore how the sky tends to lighten towards the horizon, how to add texture for creating a different sense of atmosphere, experiment with colours to enhance reflection and the light to add depth.
Supply List –
Colours recommended –
– Cadmium Yellow medium (warm)
– Lemon/Hansa Yellow (cool)
– Cadmium Red (warm)
– Alizarin Crimson (cool)
– Ultramarine Blue (warm)
– Cobalt Blue (cool)
– Yellow Ochre
– Burnt Sienna
– Burnt Umber
– Raw Umber
– Titanium White
– Zinc White
Optional colours –
– Indian Yellow
– Dioxazine Purple
– Viriden green
and any others you have hidden in your paintbox.
– Paintbrushes – a min of 4 paintbrushes, recommend flats or filberts, 1/4 inch, 1/2 inch and 1 inch plus a small round. Bring extras if you have them.
– Oil painters – OMS and containers
– Paper towels or rags
– Sketch book and pencil for notes and thumbnails
– Painting surface – 4 canvas or boards, 11-14 min to a max of 16×20.
– Bring a min of 10 sky images.
Last but not least, a sense of humour!
Learn more about Deb Czernecky
Workshop entrance on Wale Rd
Parking beneath building