Call to CCAS Members Only: Bloom 12 Transplanted (at the ECAH)
The Coast Collective’s most anticipated annual exhibition returns this spring! The spring showcase of big, bold, floral artwork has been transplanted this year and will be held at the ECAH.
Submission Deadline: February 20, 2021
Exhibition Dates: March 24 – April 17 2021
Exhibition Venue: Esquimalt Community Arts Hub, 901 Esquimalt Rd (ECAH.ca)
Submit Online at: https://www.ecah.ca/exhibits-call-for-submissions (Details below)
***Please Note: This call to artists is for Coast Collective Art Society members only. For more information about memberships, and to apply, please visit our membership page. For existing members, your membership must be current and in good standing, with your annual fees up to date. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Number of Entries:
The site will only allow for 2 entries each so for Jewelers and potters etc. get creative. e.g., Potters could submit a set of 4-6 mugs, all at the same price and a set of bowls/plates all at the same price. Jewelers could enter 2-4 sets of earing/necklaces at the same price and 2-4 sets of bracelet/earring/necklace set all at the same price. We’ll take as many as we can fit in.
Information on framing/hanging requirements can be found in the FAQ section if you scroll down on the ECAH submissions page here.
There will be a 20% commission to the ECAH, and a 20% commission to the Coast Collective, with 60% going to the artist. There is no hanging fee.
Artwork Drop-off Dates: March 19th and 20th 10-5pm.
Hanging Day: March 21st.
Artwork Pick-up Date: April 17th 10-5pm. ECAH’s storage fee for late pick-up is $30 per day.
Artist Reception: Most likely March 27th 1-4pm but we will decide on this early March depending on Covid Recommendations at that time. May need CCAS to help staff the afternoon if it’s a go.
Online Submission Details:
The process is a little different than we are used to. Instead of attaching the file as on CCs website, we are being asked to:
“Include a link to any file sharing program (Google Drive, Dropbox, Flickr) or website with images of the work being submitted. Please set the privacy to “anyone can view” with the link.”
The easiest way to do this, if you’re unfamiliar, is to use Dropbox. Here’s how:
- Search a web browser for Basic Free Dropbox and Create an account. (PS you don’t need to download the app.)
- With Dropbox open, click on “upload files” on the right side and go to the file on your computer.
- Next to the new uploaded file, click SHARE and a box pops up. Be sure you see the words “anyone can view”
- Click on the word CREATE a link. It takes a moment to create the link.
- Click on COPY link and it’s ready to be dropped into the form.
- Navigate back to the submission form. Click on the spot where it asks for the link with http:// and paste it there.
- Fill out the rest of the info on the form and then go back to Dropbox and repeat the process for your second entry.
If you need more help with Dropbox try Googling “How to use Dropbox on [name of your device and/or system]” for more info or tutorials
If you have questions please email Info@coastcollective.ca or if you just have a quick question about the submission process you can call Laura-Beth at ECAH. She is willing to help out on the phone. Call Wednesday to Saturday 10-5pm at 604-999-8427
Featured Artwork by Sheryl Parsons.