Ways To Be Involved
Part of our mission at Coast Collective is to bring the community together around arts and culture, to provide a place to celebrate the rich cultural history we have on the West Shore. You can help make this happen in many ways
Become a more active part of the Coast Collective by becoming an Associate Member. Benefits of membership include:
- Participation in two, two-week shows in the Gallery at Coast Collective each year for Associates only. Work submitted will be juried, but no adjudication or hanging fees will be assessed for this show, and a reduced commission of 20% will apply.
- Access to 3 different display options: Art Space, Roaming Gallery and Pendray Colllection. See Special Programs Page for more information
- Link from Coast Collective website to Associate’s website.
- 50% discount on hanging fees for any Coast Collective Gallery Show.
- Occassional discounts to some classes and workshops.
Other possible opportunities include
- Demonstrations or classes scheduled exclusively for Associate Members (an additional fee may be required).
- Trips to other Galleries arranged for Associate Members.
- Opportunities to assist behind-the-scenes with art intake for Gallery Shows, assist with Opening Receptions, etc.
- Opportunities to assist with organizing and holding special events.
A non-refundable membership fees will be due annually. While a single payment is preferred, post-dated cheques are acceptable. The annual rate will be set each year in August by the Directors. Directors of the Coast Collective may establish a maximum number of Associate Memberships, and may take a waiting list if the number of applications exceeds that number. Directors of the Coast Collective reserve the right to exclude any artist from this program for any reason, and to dismiss any artist from the program at any time with a prorated refund of fees.
Current annual Membership fee - $132 (+GST)
For more information e-mail email@example.com or phone 250-391-5522
There are many ways you can help us provide better services to the public, and be part of the ambiance of Pendray House and the Coast Collective, and we’re always open to suggestions. Check with us to see how best your desires and skills can fit in with current needs and what other volunteers are doing. Some possibilities include:
- Help spread the news
- Deliver flyers
- If you have the professional skills, help with graphic design, marketing plans, advertising
- Help with listing our messages on websites, in print media, on sign boards
- Help around the house
- Help with maintenance and repairs around the house
- Help with cleaning
- Help with upgrades, minor renovations
- Host guests
- Help with tours for school children
- Help with tours for seniors
- Help in the Gift Shop
- Welcome Guests to the Gallery
- Help on the grounds
- General Gardening
- Habitat restoration
- Return grounds to native vegetation
- Help with snow removal
For more information or to register your desire to help, please contact Terri at 250.391.5522 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Often a relatively small amount of money, time or effort can make a big difference to the success of a community event or show. There are dozens of items that would help us serve you better. Some examples of how you might help include:
- Contribute specific event or show
- Pay for or provide prizes for an art show
- Pay for or provide food for an opening or event
- Pay for or provide live music for an opening or event
- Pay for or provide table or tent rentals for an outdoor event
- Pay for art classes for those who can’t afford them
- Pay for one or more speakers at a lecture series
- Provide, or contribute to, items on our Wish List
- Cash donations, are, of course always welcome!
For more information or to register your desire to help, please contact Barb at 250.391.5522 or email@example.com.
We have captured here, in no particular order, a list of items large and small that would help the Coast Collective run better, enable us to offer more services to more people, or improve accessibility and ambience. If you have part of an answer, let us know and we’ll look for the rest. If you have other suggestions, or items or skills you would like to offer, or think we should add to our list, please let us know.
Wishes Granted - THANK YOU!!
Gallery & Gift Shop Open Wednesday through Sunday
Noon to 5:00 PM