Call to Artists: Gifts and Wishes
The Coast Collective Art Centre is pleased to again invite regional artists, craftspeople and makers to take part in our 11th annual “Gifts & Wishes” show. This five-week, juried Christmas Fine Art and Craft Show is the one of the longest running shows of its kind in Victoria. If you are a painter, a potter, a sculptor, a carver, or maker of exquisite jewelry, glasswork, wearable art, or hand-crafted toys, we’d love to hear from you. Any 2- or 3-dimensional artwork in any medium is eligible for this special show. Each artist/craftsperson may submit up to 8 samples representative of their work via digital images. Existing Coast Collective members can express their interest in person or via email.
This is NOT a standard holiday craft show where each artist has a table. The work will be displayed as a beautiful holiday gift shop in our gallery space. Participating artists will be expected to volunteer one day each month during the show, but artwork will be on display for the entire 5 weeks.
Commission rates for non-members will be a 50/50 split. There is no adjudication fee or hanging/table fee. Participating members will keep their standard commission rates (75/25 for gold and silver, 50/50 for bronze).
- October 26: Submission deadline for artists other than Coast Collective members (or for members wishing to sell in a new medium)
- November 1: Inventory Spreadsheet Submission Deadline (instructions and a template will be emailed out to participating artists).
- November 7-11: Drop off inventory
- November 14 to December 23: Gifts and Wishes exhibition
- December 23: pick up remaining artwork
If you have any questions, please email Jessica at email@example.com
Gallery hours: 11:00 to 5:00 Wednesday through Sunday (closed Monday and Tuesday). No admission fee.