Big Beautiful Blooms with Bev Robertson (Oct)
Oct 27 & 28, 2018
Saturday & Sunday 9:30 – 4:30
Please register by October 19, 2018
Instructor: Bev Robertson AFCA
Enjoy a bright adventure in water mixable oils. We will paint a “larger than life” painting of a single or 2-3 cluster of blooms. In this class I will cover drawing using the graphing method, paiint application techniques, mixing colour and checking colour, value, and tones. I will teach how to paint backgrounds with interest, keeping it soft and un-focused.
- I will begin with a talk about my process of choosing and cropping your reference photo
- Graphing for “larger for life drawing on the canvas
- First day, blocking in not full detail.
- I will demo throughout the class but also have enough time for individual instructions
- Getting the basics of the values and shapes.
- Second day refining and adding some detail
- Background fill in
Print a photo of choice, using your own photos or if you don’t have one I will offer a couple of choices for the class to use.
Print 1 or 2, 8X10 photos to fit to a 16 x 20 canvas or 8×8 photos to fit 24×24 canvas. Please stick with these sizes as it will save time and frustration in class.
If you would like me to crop or edit your photo prior to class please email a copy and I can print it for you for a fee of $1. In your email, please let me know the size of canvas you are planning to use. firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about Bev Robertson
Workshop entrance on Wale Rd
Parking beneath building